Department of Home science
Home Science is a multidisciplinary subject which imparts skills to Students and uplifts their knowledge qualitatively. Home Science teaches the concept of better family living i.e. utilization of money, time, energy, management of stress, health and other resources in a scientific and technical manner.
Home Science Department of the college is the first in Marathwada region to start Home Science course for Junior College & Senior College level (B.A. Home Science) in June 1971. XIth & XII th Home Science was started in the year 1976; Post Graduate Course (M.A. Home Science) was started in the year 1983.
- To develop good home makers which is the need of the society.
- To develop entrepreneurship skills
- To produce more research students
- To take up need based research projects
- To bring awareness in community regarding health nutrition , child rearing, old age caring etc.
- Family development ,management of resources and there by develop families and hence development of community or society in general.
- To contributes to the society through the pursuit of education learning and research at the highest level of excellence
- Since various such other courses are being introduced in other streams such as ,hostel management fashion designing , catering technology , interior decoration etc students strength is affected .
- Many add on course are also introduced under skill development mission which too is affecting strength of students in this faculty.
Asha M Kitke
Average Result for the last 3 years
|Year||Average result of Department|
|Sr.No.||Name of teacher||Research Papers||Chapter in Books|
|1||Dr. Manjusha Molawane||Nil||04|
|3||Smt. Asha Kitake||04||-|
|3||Smt. Maya Wanjare||04||-|
|3||Prachi S Giri||Nil||-|
|Name of teacher||Funding Agency||Title of the Project||Year & total grant received|
|Dr. Manjusha Molawane|
|Smt. Asha Kitake|
|Smt. Maya Wanjare|
|Prachi S Giri|
The Department conducts various curricular activities.
- Early Childhood Education Centers.
- Marriage Counseling Center.
- Old Age Home.
- Visit to preschool centres
- Paithani Weaving Center.
- Household Industries.
- Anganwadi Center.
- Family Court
- Remand Home
- Panchayat samiti,
- Diet counselling
- Maternity home
- House hold industry
- Entrepreneurship skill development Workshops For Students - Tie and Dye, Paper Bag Making, Chocolate Making, Making Articles From waste material (Best out of Waste).
Every year following curricular & co curricular activities are planned.
a) Felicitation of merit students
b) Celebration of World Breastfeeding week (1-7 Aug)
c) Formation of study group
d) Celebration of national nutrition week (1-7 sept)
e) One day workshop on food preservation. (Fruit & Vegetable)
f) Dietary Advice.
g) Guest lecture on nutrition and health awareness counselling techniques etc.
h) Eco-friendly activities.
Alumni of the Department
|Sr No.||Name||Current Position|
|2||Sunita Patwardhan||H. O. D. Home Science Kholesher College Ambajogayi|
|3||Lalita Kolte||Edelweiss Tokio Life , Area Sales Div Aurangabad|
|4||Shubhangi Sanghavi Gokhale||Actress – Film, Television|
|5||Anita Kodgaonkar||Supervisor ICDS Aurangabad|
|6||Rehana Arab||Officer, Administrative Services|
|7||Vijaymala Molawane||Head Mistress, Khultabad|
|8||Swati More||Faculty at Kolhapur|
|9||Smita Vaidya||School Teacher INDWS International School, Pune|
|10||Kapil Waghmare Dinkar||Owner - Jay Public School Majalgaon, Dist. Beed|
|11||Sudhakar Shinde||Sudha’s INDIAN DELIGHTon Wheels, Australia.|
|12||Dr. Seema Kshirsagar Pande||Assistant Professor , Nagpur|
|13||Mrs. Pratibha Agharde||Assistant Professor, Arts And Science College, Chincholi (Li)|
|14||Ms. Hamida Sheikh||Assistant Professor, Chishtiya College of Arts and Science|
Save Environment (Tulsi plantation) July 2019.
Value added Certificate course Tie & Dye on August 2019
Nutrition week August 2019 (Jewellry Making)
Demonstration on Envelop Making , Paper Bags (Eco friendly) Oct 2019
Food Preservation on Jan 2020
Seminar on Health and Nutrition Awareness on February 2020